This episode has definitely an emphasis on future music (as you may know one of my favorite genres), often enough in a chillwavian way. (I know this sounds silly :) ) Have fun with it and let me know what you liked or didn’t liked about it.
- Bronze Thesaurus – Afternoons
- Zach Fleury – Tarzan, On The Topic of Your Stepmother…
- Lie Craze – Home Without Her (feat. bumbovsky) [fwonk* FW151]
- HouseBreaker – I’m Here
- Cherax Destructor – kinship (from intangible sparks)
- Yitaku – Vermillion [Wepushbuttons]
- Lunamatic – Flowing Together [Night Swimmers Records]
- Fortune 600 – Don’t Cry
- Form & Shape – throwdark
- Hypersleep – Your Orbit
- Tesslesstess – Eila Island
- William Crooks – Chromeboy [Growllective]
- Jives – Have You [Growllective]
- Eyerum – Just U [Growllective]
- Matt Blank & Thomas Prime – The Distance ft. Devan Marie [Cult Classic Records]
- The Broken Orchestra – Take Back The Day ft. Inyang Bassey [Cult Classic Records]
- Phaserland ft. Nikki – Hot Stunner [Retro Promenade]
- Compilerbau – Walking Outer Space [Retro Promenade]
- Copi Chon – Adele [Ezhevika music]
- Weldroid – Shanghai Madmen
- Shango – Black Sands [Noisybeat NYB-EXT 008]
- pop booth – curves [broque brq99]
Brooklyn-based artist Daniel Kukla photographed the interiors of animal enclosure at 15 different zoos across the US and Europe. He says in his Artist Statement: »We, as humans, go to great lengths to satisfy our desire for a connection with the natural world, especially in our interactions with wild and exotic animals. Zoos are the primary site for this relationship, but they often obscure the conflicts inherent in maintaining and displaying captive wild animals.«
All images © Daniel Kukla.
It has been a while. I know. Late, but no less spectacular. In 2009, Brooklyn street artis Swoon and some of her friends cruised on homemade rafts made from New York City garbage from Koper, Slovenia to Venice, Italy. Called the Swimming Cities of Serenissima, the boats looked like something out of the 1990s post-apocalyptic movies ‚Tank Girl‘ and ‚Waterworld‘ sprinkled with a bit of swamp water. Not only the craft themselves was made from re-used material, (including modified Mercedes car engines), but the team also picked up more flotsam and jetsam on their crossing, which they installed in a »cabinet of wonders«. It looks like a lot of fun and performance appears to be really good. (via Global Yodel).
All images © Tod Seelie.