The best hits and clips of the last weeks. A selection of my personal highlights.
1. Liars – »No.1 Against The Rush« directed by Todd Cole. The series of creepy short stories still continues. »No.1 Against The Rush« is about a serial killer while performing his work. Very impressive and loaded with gorgeous suspense.
2. Hot Chip – »Night & Day« directed by Peter Serafinowicz. Hot Chip produce significantly better clips than making music. This one could become one of the best dance clips these days. British comedian Peter Serafinowicz directed and choreographed that masterpiece and guest star Reggie Watts plays the leading role in this awesome and very alien-esque scenario.
3. Modeselektor & Thom Yorke – »This« directed by Andrew Jones. Once again Modeselektor in a collaboration with Thom Yorke, on a song from their latest album »Monkeytown«. The clip shows a black-clad puppeteer performing a twisted marionette dance as various toys seem to amp up the angst in the background. Very atmospheric.
4. Benga – »I Will Never Change« directed by Us. Great concept for a video for »I Will Never Change« by Dubstep producer Benga. 960 independent pieces of vinyl have been measured, cut and animated with utmost care to create a real-life model of a waveform. The experiment is fascinating and reminds me more of a scientific research.
5. F.S.K. – »Lady Chatterley« directed by Juno Meinecke und Jonas Spriestersbach.
Lifeless but ON, trolling is the only emotion that is suggesting moderate activity. The clip is a quiet observation of how your body is functioning in front of a computer. Song is taken from the new F.S.K. album »Akt, eine Treppe hinabsteigend«.