Great for young and old: »This short is an exploration into the Clouds. The idea of clouds singing and performing their duties in a joyful manner show us that everything in our world has a role and a purpose. A sweet visual soundscape that takes the viewer through a personal journey into the sky. Sing, dance and relax as you follow a sweet cast of clouds and raindrops through an entrancing adventure you’ll wish to take over and over again.« Cloudy is a short by Miami based art collaborative FriendsWithYou. This sweetness makes you happy for a while.
French conceptual artist Michel Blazy makes rare use of white foam. His latest installation called »Bouquet Final« was located inside a 13th century monastery near the Jardin des Plantes in Paris. This free-flowing, floodable substance was bubbling a collection of amazing cloud formations into the classic architecture of the building in an impressive way. The foam was produced by a generator from behind the installation. For more examples of Blazy’s work, visit his gallery. Beware: installation is not suitable for foam parties.
All photos by: Pauline Rymarski
Courtesy Art: Concept, Paris & College des Bernardins, Paris
Take a look at these fantastic masks made by the wonderful Bertjan Pot studio, very mystical and more a product of chance: »Although seemingly these masks tell stories, this again started out as a material experiment. I wanted to find out if by stitching a rope together I could make a large flat carpet. Instead of flat, the samples got curvy. When I was about to give up on the carpet, Vladi came up with the idea of shaping the rope into masks. The possibilities are endless, I’m meeting new faces every day.«
As every year, the new Machtdose compilation is out: Green Light Go (last.fm). It is always very simple to get it. The journey starts with a few steps forward: go to the online music store of your choice, order the following tracks, sort them properly in your player and listen to them by the end of this century. This year’s compilation is characterized by the high frequency of hits. Some of them have already arrived in the public’s awareness, some of them are far away from it. Go with the flow!
1. The Chap – Painkiller (Lo Recordings)
2. Balthazar – Throwing A Ball (PIAS/Rough Trade)
3. Prinzhorn Dance School – Usurper (DFA/Cooperative/Universal)
4. Peaking Lights – Beautiful Son (Domino Records)
5. Blixa Bargeld & Teho Teardo – A Quiet Life (Universal Music)
6. John Maus – Bennington (Domino/GoodToGo)
7. Dntel – Still (Pampa)
8. Kindness – House (Female Energy)
9. Twin Shadow – Run My Heart (4AD/Beggars/Indigo)
10. Wild Nothing – Paradise (Bella Union/Cooperative Music)
11. Jonquil – Point Of Go Part 2 (Dovecote Records)
12. François & The Atlas Mountain – City Kiss (Domino Records)
13. Electric Guest – This Head I Hold (Downtown Records)
14. alt-J – Breezeblocks (Infectious/PIAS/Rough Trade)