Die Antwoord – »Fatty Boom Boom«. Hell on earth! Once more, Die Antwoord made a brightly hysterical music clip with sensational dance moves and superbes grimaces. One highlight: a Lady Gaga look-alike has a sight in the streets of South Africa wearing the meat dress which she wore to the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. Music video and story concept by Ninja and Yo-landi Vi$$er.
The art of Pip & Pop consists of a very varied and amusing collection of materials, which are combined to form always new fairytale worlds. Sweets, sand, pigment, artificial plants, origami, found objects, modeling clay, beads, wire, sequins, glitter, polystyrene, pipecleaners – all is in use. A visit of their exhibitions might be similar to using psychedelics, marijuana, and other stimulants.
A really good episode, I guess. Most of the times relaxing, cosy, harmonic stuff. And starts with a punk song A lot of music from Japan this time. Some HipHop too. I hope you like it, don’t hesitate to spread the word and comment…
Errata: The first of the two „Detaching Realities“-Albums by Jared C. Balogh hasn’t been released at headphonica as I said in the show, but at suRRism-Phonoethics.
- Kobra – Bisa Ular [Kanal30 K30_003]
- Jared C. Balogh – Sugar Boogies [headphonica hpcd094]
- Plusplus – Broken Doors [La bèl netlabel LBN016]
- Bruno Sanfilippo – Aquaralle sur bois [Laverna Lav52]
- Jahzzar – Candlelight [Album: Grab Bag]
- Julius Way – Aurora [Album: Relics]
- Jeremy Messersmith – #5 [Album: Paper Moon]
- miltata – private theater [on sunday recordings OS-R 030]
- minus7 – Flower Candle [Yae Records]
- Steven Smirney – Way Back Home
- Everlone – Flying Alaska V.2 [Bad Panda Records 151]
Cade – Boys [available as Free Download]
- Broke For Free – The Gold Lining
- Muhr – Rouge [Camomille CML018]
- Pedro Helvete – Chestnut Trees (feat. MoSu) [bumpfoot bump178]
- Klātu – Blacklight [Album: Mutual]
- Hästoperan – Silver Cold [23 Seconds sec.075]
- Sundrenched – Ice Cream Truck
- Weird Sciences – Mic Check Remix [Album: The Lo-Fi Experiment]
- Milky Way Vandals – Delusions of Grandeur starring Pope Adrian Bless
- Silvanian Families – maelStrom [Maltine Records MARU-109]
- Pollarstars – Tick Tock [Maltine Records MARU-108]
James Jirat Patradoon (born 1985) is an Australian Illustrator. »At the end of August 2012 he had a one night only exhibition at The Tate in Glebe showcasing a bunch of work he made whilst procrastinating other work. It was made up of animated gifs displayed on old CRT televisions, digitally printed flags, and a sculpture featuring a four armed customised biker jacket. Inspired by the fashion and costume of black metal music, gangster rap, professional wrestling, sci-fi films, and superheroes, James‘ work is an irreverent take on the stoic nature of macho pop culture.«
Vince Hannemann a.k.a. the Junk King has spent much of his life constructing the Cathedral of Junk in Austin, TX. Since 1989 he has been collecting thousands of discarded objects and turning them into a giant outdoor installation. In 2010, the City of Austin requested a building permit and Vince was forced to tear down nearly half of his creation, 60 tons of materials before finally obtaining the approval from an engineer. Despite this traumatic event and with the help of many supporters, Vince was still able to keep the Cathedral alive and continue its legacy. The Junk King is directed by Evan Burns.