For the cover I used a photo by Greg Turner [CC BY-NC-SA]
Two remarkable dates for this episode: We started this thingie here in November 2005, so we have now 5 years of Machtdose Podcast. And during this episode we also present the 1,000th track in the history of the podcast.
So, time for a short retrospection and some statistics. I’m still overwhelmed of the richness, diversity, surprises & vitality of the netlabel scene. Although I don’t play exclusively tracks from netlabels this is still my main focus because I also still believe in the idea of the concept „label“. Therfore I want to thank all artists and especially the label makers for their great work. Here’s not the space to name them all , but I want at least mention some, namely the ones which gave us the most input, that are: 12rec.net (18 times in our show) / Clinical Archives, Maltine Records (14 times) / Dusted Wax Kingdom (13) / Acroplane_Recordings, Corpid, kreislauf (12) / Tropic, monotonik, MiMi Records, Bump Foot, broque, 8bitpeoples (11) / The Poni Republic, Laridae (9) / WM Recordings, Budabeats (8) … and I could lengthen that list to a kilometer, so I have to stop. But you can have this complete (!) list all ever-played tracks (will be constantly updated from now on). So, to all of you, wonderful netlabels & artists out there – mentioned or not -: thank you, thank you, thank you.
What also impresses me is not only the variety of styles and genres you still find, but also that we have collected tracks from a lot of countries, more or less the half of the United Nations, we have had music from artists & labels out of: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republik, Denmark, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The United Kingdom, Ukraine, Uruquay, The United States of America and Venezuela. Hello World!
I don’t know if I will do this podcast for another five years, but right at the moment I think: why not. As long as I get so much fantastic music, the chances are not too bad.
Adventures in Slumberland – Air [@ 8bitcollective]
- Giraffe – Ornament [12rec 063]
- Útidúr – Fisherman’s Friend [Bad Panda Records 051]
- Esbe – Lullaby of The Leaves [Dusted Wax Kingdom 069]
- Nangdo – Foolin‘ [Planet Terror Records 021]
- Evenings – Still Young [mine all mine! records 135]
- Ballpen – Anne Lisa Goes to Bed [La bèl netlabel 005]
- Guenter Schlienz – Sardinia 7 [Earth Mantra 147]
- Joe Frawley – Faded Flowers [Clinical Archives 405]
- James Yates – A72 [Bad Panda Records 054]
- Bound of Reflection – Flight Abouve The Clouds [elpamusic 55]
- Paxton Fettel – Glow of Fading Lights [Fusion 18]
- Christian Walt – In The Pouring Rain (Chords Version) [interdisco 24]
- George zB – Autumn Theme [Deep-X Recordings 107]
- alec troniq – brisa (feat. da_face) [broque 67]
- Tetarise – Maashei part II [Silent Flow 018 / aventuel 022]
- Graham Castronovo – Pick Another Dot [Low Sun 002]
- Mr. Headphone – dayglow remix [Audiocast Productions 039]
xaimus – fasp [@ 8bitcollective]
- FantomenK – Follow me [@ 8bitcollective]
Podcast: Download (Duration: 1:19:58 — 73.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts |